Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Heartbroken Notes: Day 11

Day # 11 (April 21, 2011)

So today I had McDonalds for the first time in an entire month... and it reminded me of him and how much I truly missed him.

An immediate flashback of quick memories viscioulsy sliced through my chain of thoughts before I could even attempt to take my first bite. Trying to ignore it all, I slowly sunk my teeth into the soft bun. The lettuce slices spilled from the side of the burger, and it reminded me of the very slices that used to spill on my lap while I fed him his double-cheeseburger in the car as he drove down the Edsa highway like a lunatic.

My thoughts immediately transported me to a place and time tucked away in the corners of my memory.

I was back in the moment when my man and I did away with dining-in (like proper adults) because we were both in a hurry to get to our classes together.

There was a sequence to feeding him:

1. I would tear open the ketchup pack and dip the fries into them by twos before shoving them into his eager mouth. It made me happy to wipe the ketchup off his lips while he busily manueverd through the lanes, trying to avoid traffic.

2. I'd bring the burger up to his mouth, saying in a sing-song manner "Open wiiiiide!" only to be amazed at how fast he could actually chomp away on all those carbs.

3. Every now and then, I'd take his Coke and bring the straw up to his lips so he could take quick sips in between bites.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhh... I totally babied him. And I loved it. I loved the feeling of taking care of him, spoiling him... and I'm pretty sure he loved it too... Because this became a very common EZ activity (albeit dangerous.) Infact, it became so common I learned to time myself feeding him, so I could get to my food in less than 30 minutes.

*Sigh*


Wow. I can't believe I got so emo with the cheeseburger just now, it's not even funny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Optimistically Disenchanted | TNB